Sunday, March 22, 2009

To each his own

Self-doubt is the only emotion that deserves constant nurturing.

Unimaginative minds need to know what they are.

I can't help judging creativity. Impoverished minds must know they are so, and stop taking themselves seriously. Let's just say I'm foolishly optimistic. I do think good work will find its space under the sun. The rest should be so kind as to stay away from the likes of me.

And everyone must stop taking themselves seriously. If they want to be able to look at themselves in the mirror that is. Life is just too boring otherwise.

Of course, to each his own and things like that. And so, I apologise.

Thankfully I'm too lazy to be thoroughly mental.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

"The rest should be so kind as to stay away from the likes of me."

For a self-doubting person, a surprisingly assured post. Now thats whats not boring at all.

I think the world is too full of people who have beaten down and stayed down. I like the winners, the achievers, who are poised forever to fail. Its nice to be living on the edge. With most everyone hating who you are.

I like people who dont give a fuck. About mirrors or anything else. Because they know who they are but permanently bored of it and dying to push ahead.

Sorry, Im just ferociously angry right now. Bad day at work.

K.

ofternoons-n-coffeespoons said...

:) I say, stuff that's tough to comprehend can be a delightful proposition.

dagalti said...

I wrote an elaborate comment but then re-read and thank-got-for-the-preview-button, found it quite weak in content, tangential in context, ordinarily worded and quite an apology of a comment overall. Shift+ Delete : let me pretend I didn't even think that.

"Behave yourself" my kindergaten teachers used to say sternly whenever I was doing precisely that, thus laying ground for a lifelong confusion.

ofternoons-n-coffeespoons said...

Joy! Dagalti strikes again...

Thank god for internal filters such as: //let me pretend I didn't even think that//

Restores faith in a world where people get away with intellectual impotence by saying stuff like 'that's my interpretation'.

Apologies, I'm still recovering from an unfair onslaught on my retina from over 2 months ago.