Friday, April 25, 2008

Idiot thoughts

I can't read. Even if I want to and try to I can't. All my friends are well read intellectual farts and they make me feel small. I heard once that there is a man called Dostoyevsky (thankyou google spell check!) and he wrote a book called The Idiot.

I haven't read it, of course, and so I ask anyone who has read it and happens to like it to excuse themselves from the drivel that follows this sentence. Anyone with a name as serious sounding as Mr. D mentioned in the previous paragraph, must have vast knowledge about idiots and their ways. In fact, I'm quite sure it will be like reading about myself and so I must stop referring to idiots in third person.

But why did a man as important sounding as Mr. D write a book like this? Is it because he was quite sure that us idiots would never read his works anyway? Or that even if we tried we won't understand? I must say he is quite right in that, cos I don't understand most of the stuff people talk about. I use the tips one of my wise friends told me. Here is what she said.

So, as I was saying, I can't read. And because I can't read, I won't know what idiots are like. 'Tis a cruel cruel world. Whatever happened to that famous line - 'everyone is equal'? Or is it called a phrase? Well whatever the term is, I think I'm pretty sure I remember the words in that one right.

Sigh.. I've thought too much today. So much better to just vegetate.

2 comments:

Padma said...

" All my friends are well read intellectual farts and they make me feel small. "


So are mine!! :P

And do you handle blog post requests? Because I want to read your views on certain specific topics that are of interest to the wider society in general. Shall list them out if you are willing to kindly oblige and do the needful.

ofternoons-n-coffeespoons said...

blog post requests? that too from you,a?? send off ya ma.. hof course i handle.. :D